Libertarian Chat

November 2018 Report

Discussion started on Region 9

OSCEOLA (LPoOC)

LPOoC conducted several candidate forums prior to the elections, produced a list of recommendations, then conducted a post-election meeting where they went over who had been elected and their plans for moving forward with the new political field.

SEMINOLE (LPSC)

LPSC is engaged in promoting Libertarian-won local races and the fact that Larry Sharpe got enough votes in NY to give the LPNY automatic ballot access for the first time ever and was heavily involved in the campaign promoting Amendment 4.

ORANGE (LPOC)

LPOC produced a voting guide and is also engaged in promoting Libertarian-won local races in Florida and strongly supported Amendment 4.

BREVARD (LPBC)

LPBC hosted an ice cream social in Cocoa on November 14th.

REGION 9

Although none of our Region 9 candidates won their races, all garnered impressive numbers: Derek Ryan, Chair of LPOC, received almost 39% of the vote for  Orange Soil and Water District 4; John Olivadoti, LPBC Chair, got 34% of the vote for Brevard County Soil and Water Conservation District, Group 4; and Shaun Kunz got almost 35% of the vote for Seminole County Soil and Water Group 5.

The next Region 9 Meeting will be on Wednesday, January 9th, beginning at 6:00pm at Shiloh’s Steak & Seafood, 3665 S Washington Ave, Titusville, FL 32780. Shiloh’s has excellent food (I highly recommend their prime rib or see their menu at shilohssteakandseafood.com); is easily accessible from I-95, SR-50, or US-1; a full bar; and has a pleasant ambiance with views of the Indian River and the Kennedy Space Center.

George Lebovitz
Region 9 Representative
Brevard, Orange, Seminole, and Osceola Counties
#1 - November 18, 2018, 10:35:58 AM
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:40:43 AM by Greg Peele »

Note that I copied this from the LPF EC email per George's request since he had difficulty logging into the forums, I did not author it.
#2 - November 18, 2018, 10:40:20 AM

Thank you.  I like the voter guides.
#3 - November 18, 2018, 06:33:30 PM