Libertarian Chat

Motion to Cease Levying Party Assessment on Candidate Filing Fees

Discussion started on Motions

Title:  Motion to Cease Levying Party Assessment on Candidate Filing Fees
Mover: Suzanne Gilmore

Motion:  I move that the LPF Chair inform the Florida Division of Elections per the authority granted in FS 99.096 that the Libertarian Party of Florida chooses not to levy the party assessment fee on candidate qualifying fees as described in FS 99.092 for all candidates qualifying on or after March 1, 2020.
#1 - March 06, 2020, 03:05:45 PM

Suzanne,

I seek to make a friendly amendment that we not make a new motion, but instead that we reaffirm the previous motion.  The intent being that we leave no doubt with the SOEs that this policy has consistently been in effect.

#2 - March 08, 2020, 08:16:58 PM

I do not have a copy of what was sent before to determine whether the previous notice was sent as time specific or permanent. Normally, motions are only in effect for the time period between annual business meetings or some other timeframe, if noted in the motion. As I understand it, a permanent change (if even available from the DOE) would need to be made in a rule change and then another notice sent to DOE making it permanent until and unless we notify otherwise.  So, I am going on the assumption that the previous notice is no longer in effect with DOE and making this notice as appropriate until a rule change occurs and we can send the permanent one.
#3 - March 10, 2020, 12:37:37 PM