Libertarian Chat

March Committee Report

Discussion started on Fundraising Committee

Achievements:

Surpassed actuals from last years fund drive in the same period of time ( many donations were received on a later date or donor did not follow through)
Have 21+ either first time donors or donors who havenít given since 2015 ( to put into perspective we had less than 100 unique donors last year so +/- 21% increase) In dollars they have accounted for +/- $1300
Have gotten support from Southwest Florida (thank you Larry Gillis) which has been a challenge for me to gain their support in my tenure
Have built bridges to affiliates, have had great dialog and support from Duval and Columbia counties in particular

Challenges:

Fallen way behind goal
Whale donors have not been very responsive
Regionals are not fully engaged
Had technical error on the tally thermometer and other tools that would have made process easier and consequently made for poor communication  particularly re: competition among affiliates

Moving Forward:

Whale week!
Need all EC to engage demonstrate financial leadership. I need to be able to give you an honest public thank you, our members need to see that! Even a small donation from an EC member carries more weight that the dollar amount itself!
All EC Like, Share and comment all Level Up Posts from the official LPF facebook
All EC members thank donors on facebook posts.

Highlights:
Doti, Suzanne, Martha, David, Julia and J Mark have all match challenged their Regions and for the most part works as you may have noticed small or large surges from these regions.

Overall analysis:

We are in a better place than we were at this time last year. This is because we have come together and worked hard to make it happen by our putting time and action behind this effort as well as setting a good example to our members and of course the generosity you have exhibited. For this you should be proud.

However, I do not use last year as the yardstick to measure our success for this year. I have set high goals based on a realistic assessment of our potential, we are far behind our goals. It is not time to relax and reflect on our achievement, rather it is time to turn up our effort. Save the cigars and scotch for April 1st.
#1 - March 17, 2019, 08:39:36 PM