Libertarian Chat

Dec 2018 Report Vice Chair

Discussion started on Vice-Chair

December into the beginning of Jan has been busy

The theme of last month was collaboration
There has been alot more communication with several EC members
  • Working on getting in touch with all our new Region Reps and making sure they
    have their LPF credentials.
  • Spoke briefly with B. Zemina in R8

- I Attended the Voulsia annual convention, what a fantastic event it was filled with alot of energy. 
I was joined by fellow EC members Jmark and Chris Rose and Altimonte Springs
Commissioner Jim Turney.  Also in attendance was former Tres Coulter.
  • Spoke with Jmark about region 7 and how I could help and introduced him to a new LPF resident there.

-I have once again begun forwarding  emails from National to their respected regions.

Committees
-participated on several Platform calls
-participated on a LAC call but missed the most recent one
  • great work being done with discussion of various topics related to the up coming State Legislative session
- participated on the ASC call, lots ongoing work there
- Lots of ongoing work in Rules and almost daily communication with Chairman Cadorette.

Ongoing Projects and Notes
Micheal Sperber from the LAC appears to be running for state representative in D100.
I just happen to know the area quite well, so I'm hoping we'll sit down soon and discuss
the campaign and go from there.

Looking to help regional reps and Directors At Large with social media and reach out in
unaffiliated counties. This is in regard to my previous comment about collaboration.

Thanks once again to Director Rose, Peele, Sect. Hicks and Rep Gilmore and Rep Barfield.

Thoughts and Concerns
I have no idea what is going on presently in the candidates committee. Reaching out to other EC
members also yielded the same answer.

Need to get in touch with the Treasurer

I need to get more involved with my local civic association, I have slipped on that.

Also, would like to hold a meeting with all Officers in regards to budgeting and  some other items
 before convention.

I would like to see more affiliates. It may feel like a bit of a slow down, there are no big elections
pending but now is the time to throw events to get LPF members excited about the future and
start planning for that.

Really sad to see George Lebovitz resign, I hope everything works for out him. He is someone I looked
up to in my time on the EC. I have a alot of respect and admiration for him.
#1 - January 19, 2019, 09:40:09 PM
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:18:19 PM by Omar_R »
Former State House candidate
Former LPF At Large
Former LPF committee Chair
Former Vice Chair Broward LP

Nice work
#2 - January 20, 2019, 11:05:06 PM