Libertarian Chat

Secretary's December 2018 Report

Discussion started on Secretary

This month was exceptionally busy, and I found myself having several long conversations on the phone with my colleagues and fellow libertarians, which doesn't normally happen and although it was mostly business discussions, I enjoyed the opportunity to catch up with people I don't normally get to talk to much. I will try to summarize my work for the party as best I can without boring whoever is reading this to tears...

Around the first of the month I found out that our former Region 8 rep had switched party registrations. I reached out and had a nice long discussion with him to ensure no hard feelings, and agreed to stay in touch and continue following each other on social media. I do hope he decides to return to the Libertarian Party some time in the future - his main reason for leaving was lack of time, as he is an elected official and is in the process of adopting a baby with his husband. I wish Mr. Kneeld the best of luck in his future endeavors and a happy future with his growing family. This also led to discussions with several other EC members and the Chair, and talks of the importance of making sure future candidates for Executive Committee positions feel comfortable in their ability to commit time to the position.

I also had extensive communications with the National Party this month. I was put in contact with the Candidate Committee team at the LNC to fix a small communication issue where they did not have the proper information on the elected officials in Florida following November's elections. I was able to rectify that situation and agreed to be the contact moving forward. Our own Candidate Committee is in the process of changing leadership and I intend to put whoever is appointed to the committee moving forward in touch with the proper contacts at the LNC as well.
Also spoke extensively with the Affiliate Support team with the LNC to learn about the state CRM project they are offering, and acted as the messanger there to get some technical and procedural questions answered and relayed to my colleagues who were tasked with presenting a motion for a new database for the December meeting.

I attended meetings and participated in discussions with the 3 committees I am a member of.  To summarize:
Rules - Worked with Philippe Cadorette and the other team members to come to a consensus on multiple items referred to the committee.

Affiliate Support - Attended a very extensive (and well ran) meeting led by Director Peele, where I took notes on questions to refer to the LNC rep I'd been in contact with in regards to the CRM. Also discussed a process for keeping track of NDA forms moving forward.

Membership - Attended the first meeting held by the new chair Mike Avi and was very encouraged and reassured in my feeling that this committee is going to be extremely helpful and busy moving forward. He asked me to be the Secretary for the time being for the committee and I agreed to do so. Him and Spenser Garber are doing some great work in setting up the other committees with fresh volunteers who have expressed interest through the website and had yet to be contacted. I am very thankful for the work they are doing, and hope to help as much as I possibly can with the implementation of the new CRM and other projects moving forward.

I have been in contact with most committee chairs and hope to have new volunteers to add to most, if not all, committees on January's agenda.

I have also been working with the Chair and new Treasurer to update our info with the proper gov't agencies, and will continue to do so as needed.

I expect January to be similarly busy and productive. That concludes December's report.
#1 - December 17, 2018, 05:31:27 AM

Didn't bore me at all, let alone to tears.
#2 - December 17, 2018, 12:46:40 PM

LOL Thanks !
#3 - December 17, 2018, 07:29:39 PM